The VIII Continental Meeting of Solidarity with Cuba will be held on 28, 29 and July 30 of this year with the Dominican Republic as host Country and Puerto Rico Co-Host. This event will be attended by some 400 foreign and national delegates along with special guests such as the friar liberation theologian Frei Betto.
The VI and VII Continental Meetings of Solidarity, hosted by Mexico and Venezuela, enjoyed huge success and made a significant continental impact.
This year’s activities will be hosted on the campus of the Autonomous University of Santo Domingo.
At this meeting participants will discuss
- the economic and political changes in Cuba,
- the restoration of diplomatic relations with the United States,
- Cuba’s foreign investment policy,
- the issues and challenges of the history of colonialism and occupation
- the continued US economic blockade against Cuba
- the challenge of the occupied territory of Guantanamo
- the continuing U.S. led campaign to illegally subvert Cuban sovereignty
Participants will have a chance to interact and strategize with other Cuba solidarity activists from the Americas and the Caribbean
The Cuban delegation will be led by ICAP President Kenia Serrano.
It is important to make sure that the voice of those in the United States who have for many years supported Cuban sovereignty and continue to do so be heard at this meeting.
See more here