Stop the aggression against Venezuela!
We, writers, journalists, researchers and anti-capitalist activists, gathered at the International Forum “Media Plot Against Venezuela” held in Caracas, on 5 and 6 June 2014; we discussed the current role of transnational communication, which today is obliged to distort the Venezuelan reality.
As shown in countless examples, the most recent of which includes the invasion of Libya, the mercenary attack against Syria and foreign interference in Ukraine, the coordinated actions of the transnationals precedes the announcement of extreme violence, invasion or formation of mercenary armies to cause large-scale civil clashes.
1. We denounce the demonization campaign against the Bolivarian Revolution in Venezuela and its president Nicolas Maduro.
2. We further denounce this campaign as it represents the preamble of armed intervention, invasion and oppression against Venezuela.
3. We will work daily to make our communication more effective to counter the current scenario of media manipulation and we propose to promote alternative methods of communication, based on the reality that this is a significant political battle, with the main protagonist being the people organized in anti-imperialist and anti-capitalist political action.
4. We propose the creation of an international front of journalists for peace and life, bringing together those who practice this profession in different countries to build an ethical and professional-quality journalism that does not lend itself to the development of a climate of destabilization and psychological terrorism. The front will have the following tasks:
a) the creation of a collaborative network against the media conspiracy which Venezuela is experiencing that will allow the socialization of content, information, contacts and experiences.
b) designing and creating their own alternatives (platforms, media and computer security services) enabling technological independence of emporiums of capitalist production.
c) coordinating with organizations and governments of the region, the mechanisms for the dissemination of Venezuelan reality, especially through alternative media and social networks.
5. We propose to convene urgently a Special Meeting of Ministers of Communication of ALBA and other regional integration mechanisms for designing common strategies to counteract the imperial media offensive against our people.
6. We, writers, journalists and researchers from Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Cuba, Spain, France, Mexico, Uruguay and Venezuela, invite communicators from all over the world to be vigilant against the lie, and not to rest in the battle to find the truth, today, here in the land of Simon Bolivar, Hugo Chavez and the Bolivarian Revolution, and every day, where people fight for their freedom and independence.
Source: Declaracion final